Multifunctional and affordable Aruba 205 series 802.11ac wireless APs maximize mobile device performance in medium-density enterprise Wi-Fi environments.
These compact and cost-effective dual-radio APs deliver wireless data rates of up to 867 Mbps to 5-GHz devices with 802.11ac technology leveraging two spatial MIMO streams while simultaneously supporting 2.4-GHz 802.11n clients with data rates of up to 300 Mbps.
The AP-205 and IAP-205 models feature four integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas, while the AP-204 and IAP-204 support external detachable dual-band antennas using two RP-SMA antenna connectors.
• Wi-Fi client optimization
- To eliminate sticky client behavior while users roam, 200 series APs feature patented ClientMatch™ technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics from mobile devices.
- If a mobile device moves away from an AP or if RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers the device to a better AP.
• Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- ACC lets WLANs perform at peak efficiency by minimizing interference from 3G/4G LTE networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
• Quality of service for unified communication apps
- The 200 series APs support priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Lync with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
Bringing 802.11ac to the masses
CHOOSE YOUR OPERATING MODE
The 200 series APs offer a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
• Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP)
running ArubaOS™. When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 200 series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding. Please refer to the Aruba Mobility Controller data sheets for more details.
• Aruba Instant™ AP running InstantOS™. In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN.
Simply power-up on Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate™ service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up. If WLAN requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 200 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is managed by a Mobility Controller.