- Provides superior performance using a centralized scanner and advanced caching
- Ensures consistent, up-to-date protection as guests are created,clonedand resumed.
- Eliminates scan storms by automatically staggering scheduled and on-demand scans.
- Protects against known and unknown threats using our unique Behavioral Genotype technology.
- Connects to SophosLabs via Live Protection, providing real-time lookups of suspicious files.
- Shares an intuitive management console with our workstation and physical server solutions.
- Includes best in class 24/7/365 SCP-certified support.
Security designed for virtual environments
We built Sophos Antivirus for vShield to work seamlessly with virtual platforms. Instead of installing a traditional antivirus agent on each virtual machine, we provide a lightweight centralized scanner to secure all the guests on a host. The result is fast, effective protection with lower resource use and simpler management.
High performance, low impact
Sophos Antivirus for vShield uses advanced clean-file caching to eliminate redundant scanning and minimize scan times We prevent scan storms—spikes in resource use caused by concurrent scans -- by automatically staggering scans. Similarly, update storms are nonexistent, as only the centralized scanner has to be updated.
Virtual environments are dynamic, so it can be a challenge to consistently deploy security software and keep it current. Fortunately, Sophos Antivirus for vShield automatically protects every supported guest as soon as it comes online. Create policies, view alerts, request scans and generate reports for all your virtual systems from our intuitive management console. And you can use the same console to manage your Sophos-protected workstations and physical servers, too
Real-time threat protection
With malware evolving by the minute, it’s critical that your protection can keep up. Our unique Behavioral Genotype technology is able to detect malicious behavior even before specific signature-based detection has been issued. Combine that with Live Protection, which looks up suspicious files in the cloud in real time, and you can be confident your systems will be protected from the latest threats.
Support when you need it
Malware infections, system issues and maintenance windows are not limited to business hours. That’s why Sophos provides 24/7/365 support standard—so you can get help when you need it. The prestigious SCP certification recognizes our commitment to providing effective, responsive support.
- VMware vSphere 5.1, 5.5
- VMware vShield Endpoint 5.1, 5.5
- The vShield Endpoint Thin Agent supports:
Windows 8 (64 bit)(vSphere 5.5 only)
Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
Windows Vista (32 bit)
Windows XP (32 bit)
Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit)
Windows Server 2003 R2 (32/64 bit)
Windows Server 2008 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)(vSphere 5.5 only)