naviGO - user license
naviGO™ provides users fast, secure access to their PCs, shared workstations and virtual desktops by extending the use of facility access control cards to support multi-factor authentication to network, system and cloud-based resources. naviGO gives organizations confidence in the users accessing their network and online resources, including:
- Healthcare professionals who need to securely access patient records throughout the hospital at shared workstations. naviGO automates login to both the OS and the virtual desktop environment, including electronic health records and healthcare systems. Rapid login features such as “tap-in”, “card presence” or Citrix® and VMware® session roaming shave lost time off of every patient visit, potentially increasing the number of patients treated each day.
- Law enforcement officers who need to securely access criminal justice information to comply with security mandates. By September 2013, hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officials will be required to use strong authentication to access Federal criminal justice information data bases - naviGO support compliance.
- Enterprise employees who need to securely access their laptops and workstations in the office or remotely. naviGO two-factor authentication inhibits malware, limits insider risks and protects against Advanced Persistent Threats.
naviGO make secure access convenient for users with support for rapid login features, such as “tap-in,” “card presence,” or session roaming. It also simplifies the ongoing management, with knowledge-based, self-service login options that ensure continuous user productivity, without needing to call or have the helpdesk intervene.
As a result, naviGO enables organizations to:
- Strengthen security: by extending multi-factor authentication deployments to inhibit breaches.
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO):by leveraging investments in existing physical and contactless access control cards to extend secure access to PCs, shared workstations and virtual desktops; includes wide range of services typically purchased separately.
- Enhance compliance: with strong multi-factor authentication, policy enforcement and event logging.
- Increase productivity: rapid login to ensure users have the secure access they need, from wherever they are; easier password support with Web-based self services; streamlined IT processes with Web-based help desk administration capabilities.
HID Global naviGO enables every user to have multi-factor authentication, using the ID badge or access control card they already carry, to securely access PCs, shared workstations and virtual desktops. It comes packaged with two components: Workstation and Server. naviGO Workstation may be deployed in standalone mode, offering strong authentication for small deployments, or together with naviGO Server (in client-server mode) to scale for large deployments. The simple to use and deploy solution offers:
- Affordable per-user license model includes multiple features at one low price – multi-factor authentication, self-service password rest, secured application sign-on, shared workstation support with VMware and Citrix.
- Regulatory compliance and policy adherence – support security standards in regulations, such as HIPAA, CJIS Advanced Authentication, PCI-DSS, and FFIEC that require stronger authentication than username and password; provides authentication logs that can be used to support audits and regulatory compliance requirements of organizations handling credit cards, medical data, social security numbers, criminal justice data, or personal health information.
- Investment protection – extending the value for hundreds of millions of end-users that currently carry contactless cards for building access control. naviGO supports HID iCLASS®, HID Prox, MIFARE®, and more than 30 other types of legacy proximity and contactless cards from a range of manufacturers.
- Support of virtual desktops and third-party applications – delivering affordable multi-factor login to Windows™, as well as Citrix™ and VMware® virtual desktops and a myriad of third-party applications, with unrivaled speed and simplicity.
- Powerful central management - and self-service options that leverage the organization’s Microsoft Active Directory for user management.